He opens their ears to instruction and commands that they return from iniquity.
He delivers the afflicted by their affliction and opens their ear by adversity.Job 36:10&15
I have been enjoying my reading through Job the last few weeks. It is a difficult book in a lot of ways, but there is some really challenging wisdom in these passages and I want to be careful to think through them all. Unfortunately, I don’t think I have caught all of it due to our covid-19 challenges, but I will try to at least capture the verses I missed earlier this week.
What have I learned this week?
- Christ is not only with me, but is in me. He dwells within me in my heart. The temple of his presence is my heart.
- That I “conceal transgressions by hiding iniquity in my heart”. This creates the tension I feel of having Christ in me alongside my secret sin. This does not and can not work. Light and dark cannot both reside together.
- Job’s failure was that he justified himself rather than God.
- Christ has redeemed my soul.
- Adversity and Affliction are the avenues of deliverance for this soul trapped by sin and iniquity. He opens my ears and delivers me.